I love, love, love movies. And I love these dumb little tests. Feel free to throw up your own answers.
1. A movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Rear Window – A Hitchcock Classic.
2. A movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.
Annie Hall – for some reason I had to see the movie about 5 times before I felt satisfied. Also Harold and Maude.
3. What actor(s) make you more inclined to see a movie.
Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Edward Norton, Christian Bale, Johnny Depp, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Sara Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon, Drew Barrymore, Matt Damon
4. What actor(s) make you less likely to see a movie.
Russel Crowe, Brad Pitt, Mark Ruffolo, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Madonna, Jennifer Aniston,
5. A movie that you can and do quote from.
Casablanca, All About Eve, Rainman, the Maltese Falcon, Life of Brian, Young Frankenstein.
6. A movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
My Fair Lady, Singing in the Rain, Westside Story -not much into musicals
7. A movie that you have been known to sing along with.
My Fair Lady
8. A movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Walk the Line, It’s a Wonderful Life, All About Eve, Conspiracy Theory, The Day the Earth Stood Still
9. A movie that you own.
Following. Now there is a strange flick.
10. An actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Cher
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Sure. I don’t really remember, it was when I was a little kid.
12. Ever made out in a movie?
13. A movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Yeah – The Shining – terrible!
15. A movie that made you cry in the theater.
Terms of Endearment and you mean, sob, don’t you?
Extra butter and salt with large diet coke on the side.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Not much these days – most of the films seem more like rentals and go to dvd so quickly that it seems silly to pay the $10 or $12 bucks. A few times a year
18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Premonition – with Sandra Bullock, which I really, really liked.
19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Sinbad and the Seven Seas or something like that.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
The Exorcist. I couldn’t turn the lights off for weeks. 2nd place goes to A Clockwork Orange, made me sick to my stomach.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Memento – tres strange, but oh so cool.
23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
Exorcist – can’t seem to think of any other that has freaked me as much.
24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 2nd place goes to Groundhog Day. 3rd place goes to The Fabulous Baker Boys.
25. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of eternity, what would it be?
Definitely would be either a Hitchcock movie or a Frank Capra. Rear Window, Vertigo or It’s a Wonderful Life. Not sure.
Tell me about your likes and dislikes.