Marion has tagged me to write 8 random facts about me – I could swear Kim had already done this, but what the heck, I’m game. I’m not much into tagging these days – but feel free to do the meme if it grabs you.
1. I am a political junkie, currently on hiatus and saving myself for the 2008 presidential race.
2. I was born on St. Patty’s Day and am half Irish. My Great, Great Uncle was Father Flanigan of Boy’s Town fame (they made a movie of it with Spencer Tracy – not my birthday but Boy’s Town).
3. Of the five children in my family only I have my mother’s green eyes – the rest of my siblings have blue eyes. Beyond that, I look like no one in my family and Mom used to tell me I was the Milkman’s gift to the family tree. (She was joking)
4. I have an IQ of 137 – which apparently makes me smart. But if I’m so smart, why have I done so many stupid things?
5. I can raise my left eyebrow at will – I had no idea this was an actual talent until Pretty wrote a post about her boyfriend being excited that on occasion his eyebrow raises of its own accord.
6. I compulsively give everyone I meet and know a nickname. I don’t mean to do it, it just comes out of my mouth and it sticks (at least in my mind) and I can’t seem to call that person anything else. My favorite nickname was “Rodg” but it never stuck, the other nicknames I’ve been given are, “Killer, Toughie, Neener, Neetz, Neato.” Is it any wonder that I started forcing people to call me Annie?
7. I was hit in three motor vehicle accidents in the same year. In each case, it wasn’t my fault but that was little consolation to my cars. The most ironic of these was the last one, in which a doped up delivery guy hit my junker with his delivery van, while I was on my way to make the final payment of the the car that was totaled in my first accident. Is it any wonder that I hate to drive and refuse to go on the freeways?
8. I wrote a song called “The Loose Woman Blues” when I was 14. I happened to be on a Janis Joplin jag at the time. No, I don’t remember the lyrics and no, I don’t remember the melody – the only thing that survived in my brain was the title.
Okay, those are 8 really irrelevant facts about me.
How’s about you?
PS: Oh yeah, here’s a #9 – Bella thinks I’m a