I know a lot of people like lists – I sure do. From grocery lists to wish lists, I’m a list kind of girl.
I also know you are never supposed to focus on what you don’t want. Big taboo in this Universe – the theory being that what you wish not (for) is precisely what you get.
However, I think that there may be one or two exceptions to this rule. The things I don’t ever want to…
1. Forget who my friends are. No matter the highs or lows of my life, my friends are not disposable.
2. Believe my own press. Compliments are nice and raves even nicer but one can go out of fashion as quickly as fish can start to stink in the hot afternoon sun – so staying humble is advisable.
3. To ‘trade up’ to get ahead. What is worth trading your blessings for? A new condo, your name in lights, a movie deal, higher blog stats?? No, no, not worth it, believe me.
4. To forget any kindness bestowed upon me, for those are the gifts that last and have no expiration date.
5. Think that others don’t matter. Of course they do, they are the rest of the world, aren’t they?
6. Get too big for my britches. Luckily I have a few friends who will inform me of this when it happens.
7. Lose my naivete’ or gullibility (is that a word? it is now.) I’d rather be tricked a thousand times than to stop believing in people.
8. Fail to see the basic goodness in others. It is always there, sometimes you just really have to look closer.
9. Sweat the small stuff.
10. Everything is the small stuff.
So those are my things, I don’t ever – how about you?