Hey everybody, I’m back and thanks to all the fabulous guest posters who gave me the time off I needed last week. You’re all wonderful bloggers and good friends and I appreciate it more than you know.
So, the week was good for me and I’ve realized that every now and again it’s good to take some time off from the routine and here are a few reasons why:
1. Eventually you run out of recipes and need some time to find some new ones.
2. Your hands are not really intended to take on the shape of crawling crabs and it is much easier to smoke when you can extend your fingers.
3. You occasionally need a day when the thoughts, “I am so blogging this,” “what the hell am I’m going to post today?”, “Why doesn’t YouTube have decent vids anymore?”, and similar thoughts aren’t dancing around your brain.
4. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and your eyes can indeed adjust to natural light again if you just give it a a day or so.
5. Reading an actual book doesn’t make your eyes hurt and can easily be taken to a park, a chair, the backyard or the beach without missing a thing.
6. A day without email can be filled with adventure and new discoveries instead of viagra ads and old jokes and get rich quick schemes.
7. Life has a beautiful rhythym of its own and everything does not have to go at lightning speed and sometimes it’s better when it doesn’t.
8. Barbecues in the backyard, stars in the sky, nightblooming jasmine, hummingbirds at the feeders.
9. New ideas come unexpectedly and allow your mind to grow.
10. Sleeping is a good thing.
Granted, not one of my usual funny lists – though that was my original thought. But the mind goes where it wants to sometimes.