In recent years I’ve noticed that Adult Daycare Centers have been established. I must say I did have to strain my brain to figure out what the heck those were. I certainly know what Daycare Centers are, they are places where working parents leave their children during working hours, so they can go work to earn the money to pay for the daycare. Kind of like gang babysitting I guess.
However, Adult Daycare Centers was a new concept for me and I had to wonder under what circumstance an adult needed to be babysat (babysitted???) and why. The following is what I came up with:
1. You just can’t get the hang of those easy pull-up Depends and need the assistance of a snarly orderly to make them fit.
2. Your daughter-in-law can’t afford to let you fingerpaint on her livingroom walls anymore.
3. You like your gin tonics in a sippy cup.
4. Story-time is the highlight of your day.
5. The last time you were left home alone you burned down the kitchen making jello because you got too interested in what Oprah was saying.
6. You need to sharpen your socialization skills.
7. It’s against the law to put a gps chip in your neck (so far).
8. Your radical views about the Constitution scare people.
9. Your children can’t control you and don’t have time to watch you every minute.
10. They had some extra stimulus money to waste and the libbies needed a new voting bloc they could depend on.
As usual feel free to add to the list.