Healthcare, healthcare, healthcare – we’ve all got it on our minds. We’re all worried about it, especially those with children, lousy jobs and no real prospects for the future (read, most of the nation) and it seems we all have opinions about it one way or another. Whether we think it’s a good idea, think it’s a violation of the Constitution or think it’s just a pain in the ass and yet another reason for our government to tax and control us – we think something about it.
I decided to actually ponder national healthcare for a while this weekend, between my daily walk and baking bread (who can afford a loaf of bread these days?) and came up with the following:
We need national (free) healthcare because:
1. Obama needs his legacy now, before control of Congress goes back to the pubbies.
2. The government doesn’t have enough personal information about every man, woman and child in America yet.
3. We’re not enough like Europe and Europe is really pissed off about that.
4. Congress is dangerously close to being exposed for what they’ve really done to Medicare.
5. If we don’t keep doing crap like this, that whole concept of a “living Constitution” just ain’t going to fly anymore.
6. It’s a kinder, gentler way to redistribute wealth.
7. We don’t yet have enough vapid, apathetic, incompetent government employees (and it is after all, the fastest growing industry in our economy right now).
8. Every American has to do their bit by putting in more time in Emergency Rooms across the nation.
9. Hillary must be vindicated and touted as a forward thinker, since she’s the one who came up with this idea years ago.
10. Then it will be so much easier to get that gps chip (program) inserted into all American’s necks by next Fall.
11. The government needs some excuse to make you pay more taxes.
12. The more entitled we become, the less proactive we are. Oh, and the more manageable.
13. It’s not fair that Americans have the best healthcare in the world and so the playing field must be leveled.
14. It will make it easier for the government to outlaw cigarettes, liquor, fast food and cars.
As usual, feel free to add to the list.