Congratulations America, we have now officially become financially indentured slaves for at least the next three generations. Oh yeah, that’s what I call change. Extra kudos to those ‘under 30’s’ who got Papa O into the oval office. Kind of fitting I guess since they and their children and grandchildren will be paying for this albatross ultimately.
Now 33 million will have healthcare (never mind that 90% of the population will pay for the 10% who need it so desperately and probably more because why pay for it if your fellow American will pay for it for you?) hurrah!
I don’t know what’s happened to this country – when America started believing that want = right – but there you have it. The old getting something for nothing has won out over rugged individualism and a true Republic. Oh and stay tuned for a massive immigration bill being pushed through that will entitle ‘residents’ to the fine healthcare we’re all about to get. (Never mind that there will be a 50% reduction in doctors since recent polls show about that many doctors and healthcare professionals will either quit or be unable to stay in business.)
You think Medicare is bad, just wait, you’ll be craving for those days soon. Take a number and sit down – hopefully you don’t have any condition that will cause your expiration before you can ‘see’ a doctor.
For those of you who give a damn who voted yea or nay I give you the following:
Health Care Votes
Senate and House Roll Call on H.R. 3590
Senate Roll Call:
U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes On Passage of the Bill “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” (H.R. 3590 as Amended) Christmas Eve, December 24, 2009.
* YEAs: 60
* NAYs: 39
* Not Voting: 1
* Alabama: Sessions (R-AL), Nay Shelby (R-AL), Nay
* Alaska: Begich (D-AK), Yea Murkowski (R-AK), Nay
* Arizona: Kyl (R-AZ), Nay McCain (R-AZ), Nay
* Arkansas: Lincoln (D-AR), Yea Pryor (D-AR), Yea
* California: Boxer (D-CA), Yea Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
* Colorado: Bennet (D-CO), Yea Udall (D-CO), Yea
* Connecticut: Dodd (D-CT), Yea Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
* Delaware: Carper (D-DE), Yea Kaufman (D-DE), Yea
* Florida: LeMieux (R-FL), Nay Nelson (D-FL), Yea
* Georgia: Chambliss (R-GA), Nay Isakson (R-GA), Nay
* Hawaii: Akaka (D-HI), Yea Inouye (D-HI), Yea
* Idaho: Crapo (R-ID), Nay Risch (R-ID), Nay
* Illinois: Burris (D-IL), Yea Durbin (D-IL), Yea
* Indiana: Bayh (D-IN), Yea Lugar (R-IN), Nay
* Iowa: Grassley (R-IA), Nay Harkin (D-IA), Yea
* Kansas: Brownback (R-KS), Nay Roberts (R-KS), Nay
* Kentucky: Bunning (R-KY), Not Voting McConnell (R-KY), Nay
* Louisiana: Landrieu (D-LA), Yea Vitter (R-LA), Nay
* Maine: Collins (R-ME), Nay Snowe (R-ME), Nay
* Maryland: Cardin (D-MD), Yea Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
* Massachusetts: Kerry (D-MA), Yea Kirk (D-MA), Yea
* Michigan: Levin (D-MI), Yea Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
* Minnesota: Franken (D-MN), Yea Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
* Mississippi: Cochran (R-MS), Nay Wicker (R-MS), Nay
* Missouri: Bond (R-MO), Nay McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
* Montana: Baucus (D-MT), Yea Tester (D-MT), Yea
* Nebraska: Johanns (R-NE), Nay Nelson (D-NE), Yea
* Nevada: Ensign (R-NV), Nay Reid (D-NV), Yea
* New Hampshire: Gregg (R-NH), Nay Shaheen (D-NH), Yea
* New Jersey: Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
* New Mexico: Bingaman (D-NM), Yea Udall (D-NM), Yea
* New York: Gillibrand (D-NY), Yea Schumer (D-NY), Yea
* North Carolina: Burr (R-NC), Nay Hagan (D-NC), Yea
* North Dakota: Conrad (D-ND), Yea Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
* Ohio: Brown (D-OH), Yea Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
* Oklahoma: Coburn (R-OK), Nay Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
* Oregon: Merkley (D-OR), Yea Wyden (D-OR), Yea
* Pennsylvania: Casey (D-PA), Yea Specter (D-PA), Yea
* Rhode Island: Reed (D-RI), Yea Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
* South Carolina: DeMint (R-SC), Nay Graham (R-SC), Nay
* South Dakota: Johnson (D-SD), Yea Thune (R-SD), Nay
* Tennessee: Alexander (R-TN), Nay Corker (R-TN), Nay
* Texas: Cornyn (R-TX), Nay Hutchison (R-TX), Nay
* Utah: Bennett (R-UT), Nay Hatch (R-UT), Nay
* Vermont: Leahy (D-VT), Yea Sanders (I-VT), Yea
* Virginia: Warner (D-VA), Yea Webb (D-VA), Yea
* Washington: Cantwell (D-WA), Yea Murray (D-WA), Yea
* West Virginia: Byrd (D-WV), Yea Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
* Wisconsin: Feingold (D-WI), Yea Kohl (D-WI), Yea
* Wyoming: Barrasso (R-WY), Nay Enzi (R-WY), Nay
House Roll Call:
U.S. House Roll Call Votes On Passage of the Bill “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” (H.R. 3590) Sunday, March 21, 2010.
* YEAs: 219 (Voting yes were 219 Democrats and 0 Republicans)
* NAYs: 212 (Voting no were 34 Democrats and 178 Republicans)
(There are 4 vacancies in the 435-member House.)
Democrats — Bright, N; Davis, N.
Republicans — Aderholt, N; Bachus, N; Bonner, N; Griffith, N; Rogers, N.
Republicans — Young, N.
Democrats — Giffords, Y; Grijalva, Y; Kirkpatrick, Y; Mitchell, Y; Pastor, Y.
Republicans — Flake, N; Franks, N; Shadegg, N.
Democrats — Berry, N; Ross, N; Snyder, Y.
Republicans — Boozman, N.
Democrats — Baca, Y; Becerra, Y; Berman, Y; Capps, Y; Cardoza, Y; Chu, Y; Costa, Y; Davis, Y; Eshoo, Y; Farr, Y; Filner, Y; Garamendi, Y; Harman, Y; Honda, Y; Lee, Y; Lofgren, Zoe, Y; Matsui, Y; McNerney, Y; Miller, George, Y; Napolitano, Y; Pelosi, Y; Richardson, Y; Roybal-Allard, Y; Sanchez, Linda T., Y; Sanchez, Loretta, Y; Schiff, Y; Sherman, Y; Speier, Y; Stark, Y; Thompson, Y; Waters, Y; Watson, Y; Waxman, Y; Woolsey, Y.
Republicans — Bilbray, N; Bono Mack, N; Calvert, N; Campbell, N; Dreier, N; Gallegly, N; Herger, N; Hunter, N; Issa, N; Lewis, N; Lungren, Daniel E., N; McCarthy, N; McClintock, N; McKeon, N; Miller, Gary, N; Nunes, N; Radanovich, N; Rohrabacher, N; Royce, N.
Democrats — DeGette, Y; Markey, Y; Perlmutter, Y; Polis, Y; Salazar, Y.
Republicans — Coffman, N; Lamborn, N.
Democrats — Courtney, Y; DeLauro, Y; Himes, Y; Larson, Y; Murphy, Y.
Republicans — Castle, N.
Democrats — Boyd, Y; Brown, Corrine, Y; Castor, Y; Grayson, Y; Hastings, Y; Klein, Y; Kosmas, Y; Meek, Y; Wasserman Schultz, Y.
Republicans — Bilirakis, N; Brown-Waite, Ginny, N; Buchanan, N; Crenshaw, N; Diaz-Balart, L., N; Diaz-Balart, M., N; Mack, N; Mica, N; Miller, N; Posey, N; Putnam, N; Rooney, N; Ros-Lehtinen, N; Stearns, N; Young, N.
Democrats — Barrow, N; Bishop, Y; Johnson, Y; Lewis, Y; Marshall, N; Scott, Y.
Republicans — Broun, N; Deal, N; Gingrey, N; Kingston, N; Linder, N; Price, N; Westmoreland, N.
Democrats — Hirono, Y.
Democrats — Minnick, N.
Republicans — Simpson, N.
Democrats — Bean, Y; Costello, Y; Davis, Y; Foster, Y; Gutierrez, Y; Halvorson, Y; Hare, Y; Jackson, Y; Lipinski, N; Quigley, Y; Rush, Y; Schakowsky, Y.
Republicans — Biggert, N; Johnson, N; Kirk, N; Manzullo, N; Roskam, N; Schock, N; Shimkus, N.
Democrats — Carson, Y; Donnelly, Y; Ellsworth, Y; Hill, Y; Visclosky, Y.
Republicans — Burton, N; Buyer, N; Pence, N; Souder, N.
Democrats — Boswell, Y; Braley, Y; Loebsack, Y.
Republicans — King, N; Latham, N.
Democrats — Moore, Y.
Republicans — Jenkins, N; Moran, N; Tiahrt, N.
Democrats — Chandler, N; Yarmuth, Y.
Republicans — Davis, N; Guthrie, N; Rogers, N; Whitfield, N.
Democrats — Melancon, N.
Republicans — Alexander, N; Boustany, N; Cao, N; Cassidy, N; Fleming, N; Scalise, N.
Democrats — Michaud, Y; Pingree, Y.
Democrats — Cummings, Y; Edwards, Y; Hoyer, Y; Kratovil, N; Ruppersberger, Y; Sarbanes, Y; Van Hollen, Y.
Republicans — Bartlett, N.
Democrats — Capuano, Y; Delahunt, Y; Frank, Y; Lynch, N; Markey, Y; McGovern, Y; Neal, Y; Olver, Y; Tierney, Y; Tsongas, Y.
Democrats — Conyers, Y; Dingell, Y; Kildee, Y; Kilpatrick, Y; Levin, Y; Peters, Y; Schauer, Y; Stupak, Y.
Republicans — Camp, N; Ehlers, N; Hoekstra, N; McCotter, N; Miller, N; Rogers, N; Upton, N.
Democrats — Ellison, Y; McCollum, Y; Oberstar, Y; Peterson, N; Walz, Y.
Republicans — Bachmann, N; Kline, N; Paulsen, N.
Democrats — Childers, N; Taylor, N; Thompson, Y.
Republicans — Harper, N.
Democrats — Carnahan, Y; Clay, Y; Cleaver, Y; Skelton, N.
Republicans — Akin, N; Blunt, N; Emerson, N; Graves, N; Luetkemeyer, N.
Republicans — Rehberg, N.
Republicans — Fortenberry, N; Smith, N; Terry, N.
Democrats — Berkley, Y; Titus, Y.
Republicans — Heller, N.
Democrats — Hodes, Y; Shea-Porter, Y.
Democrats — Adler, N; Andrews, Y; Holt, Y; Pallone, Y; Pascrell, Y; Payne, Y; Rothman, Y; Sires, Y.
Republicans — Frelinghuysen, N; Garrett, N; Lance, N; LoBiondo, N; Smith, N.
Democrats — Heinrich, Y; Lujan, Y; Teague, N.
Democrats — Ackerman, Y; Arcuri, N; Bishop, Y; Clarke, Y; Crowley, Y; Engel, Y; Hall, Y; Higgins, Y; Hinchey, Y; Israel, Y; Lowey, Y; Maffei, Y; Maloney, Y; McCarthy, Y; McMahon, N; Meeks, Y; Murphy, Y; Nadler, Y; Owens, Y; Rangel, Y; Serrano, Y; Slaughter, Y; Tonko, Y; Towns, Y; Velazquez, Y; Weiner, Y.
Republicans — King, N; Lee, N.
Democrats — Butterfield, Y; Etheridge, Y; Kissell, N; McIntyre, N; Miller, Y; Price, Y; Shuler, N; Watt, Y.
Republicans — Coble, N; Foxx, N; Jones, N; McHenry, N; Myrick, N.
Democrats — Pomeroy, Y.
Democrats — Boccieri, Y; Driehaus, Y; Fudge, Y; Kaptur, Y; Kilroy, Y; Kucinich, Y; Ryan, Y; Space, N; Sutton, Y; Wilson, Y.
Republicans — Austria, N; Boehner, N; Jordan, N; LaTourette, N; Latta, N; Schmidt, N; Tiberi, N; Turner, N.
Democrats — Boren, N.
Republicans — Cole, N; Fallin, N; Lucas, N; Sullivan, N.
Democrats — Blumenauer, Y; DeFazio, Y; Schrader, Y; Wu, Y.
Republicans — Walden, N.
Democrats — Altmire, N; Brady, Y; Carney, Y; Dahlkemper, Y; Doyle, Y; Fattah, Y; Holden, N; Kanjorski, Y; Murphy, Patrick, Y; Schwartz, Y; Sestak, Y.
Republicans — Dent, N; Gerlach, N; Murphy, Tim, N; Pitts, N; Platts, N; Shuster, N; Thompson, N.
Democrats — Kennedy, Y; Langevin, Y.
Democrats — Clyburn, Y; Spratt, Y.
Republicans — Barrett, N; Brown, N; Inglis, N; Wilson, N.
Democrats — Herseth Sandlin, N.
Democrats — Cohen, Y; Cooper, Y; Davis, N; Gordon, Y; Tanner, N.
Republicans — Blackburn, N; Duncan, N; Roe, N; Wamp, N.
Democrats — Cuellar, Y; Doggett, Y; Edwards, N; Gonzalez, Y; Green, Al, Y; Green, Gene, Y; Hinojosa, Y; Jackson Lee, Y; Johnson, E. B., Y; Ortiz, Y; Reyes, Y; Rodriguez, Y.
Republicans — Barton, N; Brady, N; Burgess, N; Carter, N; Conaway, N; Culberson, N; Gohmert, N; Granger, N; Hall, N; Hensarling, N; Johnson, Sam, N; Marchant, N; McCaul, N; Neugebauer, N; Olson, N; Paul, N; Poe, N; Sessions, N; Smith, N; Thornberry, N.
Democrats — Matheson, N.
Republicans — Bishop, N; Chaffetz, N.
Democrats — Welch, Y.
Democrats — Boucher, N; Connolly, Y; Moran, Y; Nye, N; Perriello, Y; Scott, Y.
Republicans — Cantor, N; Forbes, N; Goodlatte, N; Wittman, N; Wolf, N.
Democrats — Baird, Y; Dicks, Y; Inslee, Y; Larsen, Y; McDermott, Y; Smith, Y.
Republicans — Hastings, N; McMorris Rodgers, N; Reichert, N.
Democrats — Mollohan, Y; Rahall, Y.
Republicans — Capito, N.
Democrats — Baldwin, Y; Kagen, Y; Kind, Y; Moore, Y; Obey, Y.
Republicans — Petri, N; Ryan, N; Sensenbrenner, N.
Republicans — Lummis, N.