Well Halloween has come and gone so that means that it’s time to get ready for Christmas! The one time of year when most people look forward to the magic. Where velvet ribbon, gold spray paint and a glue gun can positively transform your home into a place fit for elves and sugar plum faeries.
Am I kidding? Sort of, but truth be told I’m a Christmas sap. I can’t help it. I love it. I love the tree, the songs, the cold weather, the shopping, the cooking, the eating, and the secret wrapping parties. Yup, it’s all up my alley.
But just in case you’re wondering if you too are a Christmas sap, the following may give you a clue:
- You can actually feel Jack Frost nipping at your nose.
- You have an extended collection of Christmas earrings that you started when you were 10.
- You remember the day you learned Santa wasn’t real and it still saddens you to think of it.
- You hardly notice your reindeer ears when you wear them at work.
- You know every song in White Christmas by heart (and the choreography).
- You’ve found a way to incorporate candy canes into any recipe.
- You get teary-eyed and giggle when you watch this:
- You suddenly love everybody – even your nasty neighbor down the street who is a direct descendant of Ebenezer Scrooge.
- You spend hours obsessing over your Amazon wish-list.
- You have Christmas cookies and milk for dinner – often.
- You’re saving up to send your kids or grandkids to the Elf Academy.
- And finally, if like Suzie, you believe:
If you saw yourself in any of the above points then you too are probably a Christmas sap and welcome to the club.
Here’s to figgy pudding, stars on top of trees, tinsel, over-eating and celebrating with people you love.
How about you? What makes you a Christmas sap?