Okay well I know most of you are thinking about football, food, cool commercials and more football for this coming weekend. So as a public service I thought I’d offer and put some pertinent links and facts, so you’d have everything all in one place. Cool, huh?
All things Super Bowl for this Sunday’s game can be found here
If you’re a complete Super Bowl commercial junkie, you can watch them all here
All the classic Super Bowl recipes are all here and they are awesome.
Have a bet on what team won in what Super Bowl? The list of all Super Bowl Champions is here
Little known Super Bowl Factoids
- Over 700,000 footballs are produced every year for official NFL use and 72 will be used for the Super Bowl. And Wilson has been the exclusive maker of NFL footballs since 1941.
- The first two Super Bowls went by the title, AFL – NFL World Championship Game.
- The Super Bowl trophy costs $25,000 (about the same as a decent engagement ring).
- 80% of all Super Bowl tickets go to corporate sponsors, so ‘regular’ fans are highly unlikely to actually get to see the game in person. However, back before the Super Bowl was called the Super Bowl, tickets were reasonably priced. And if you wanted a ticket for Super Bowl I, it would’ve only set you back six bucks.
- One out of twelve viewers only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials
- The Monday morning following the Super Bowl, approximately six percent of us call in sick. (I knew I shoudn’t have eaten those last 12 hot wings).
- Super Bowl Sunday is second in food consumption behind Thanksgiving Day. Among other goodies, approximately 14,500 tons of chips, 4,000 tons of popcorn and 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed.
- Of the top 10 most watched American television programs of all time, nine of them are Super Bowls (The final episode of MASH being the other.)
For more little known facts and Super Bowl history check out the Super Bowl history website.
Okay people, get to it. There’s lots of cooking, seating arrangements and party favors to sort out before Sunday. Hope your team wins. 🙂