Ah, it’s that time of year when we reflect on the year that has passed and the changes we want to make in the coming year. Typically, losing weight, quitting smoking and/or drinking and having higher self esteem tops the list for many. Though as indie authors, our lists are a might different. Here’s a few that might resonate:
- Buy, download, read and review every book written by someone who retweeted you on twitter.
- Write, edit and publish four books by the end of the year.
- Learn how to write standing up to stop the spread of writer’s ass
- Stop seething every time that writer you follow on Facebook posts yet another glowing review or quotes herself
- Stop obsessing over that one review that befuddles you
- Discover the mysteries of tweeting. Cat pictures only go so far.
- Learn to make and like a writer’s drink, like bourbon or something manly.
- Delete the blog you started for your characters (how lame was that?).
- Force yourself to learn how to use that horrible template from Create Space without throwing your computer out the window.
- Stop checking your sales dashboard every twenty minutes – get a life.
- Find something that tears you away from the computer and has absolutely nothing to do with writing.
- Stop subscribing to marketers claiming they have the product that will make you a best seller.
- Write better, write calmer, be happy with the stories that belong to you, share accordingly.
How about you? Any special resolutions you have made for yourself? Feel free to share or add to the list in the comments.
Note: I am offline for a few days, but will happily respond to any comments on my return. In the meantime, have a happy and safe holiday.