2017 is coming to a close and can I just say, thank gawd!? Speaking for myself the year was a real dumpster fire. But as I reflect on the coming year and the things I’d like to accomplish, weird, random thoughts just keep popping into my head, like flies at a picnic. Like…
- When did emoticons become emojis? Who changed it? What’s the difference?
- Why don’t they have an ‘awwwwww’ button on Facebook?
- Shouldn’t Twitter have birdie like sound effects? I mean, their logo is a bird, right?
- Why isn’t there an app that makes your keyboard sound like a typewriter?
- Why do Siri and Alexa both scare the bageebers out of me – a box that speaks and acts as if alive?
- How come people do so many stupid things with smart phones?
- My dog sleeps 20 hours a day, why does she still yawn?
- Why are GIFs so addictive?
- Can you get hung over by too much exposure to political posts on Facebook?
- Why is my not-so-smart phone drunk dialing people in the middle of the night while I’m asleep?
- Is scrapple technically a food?
- Will I ever actually be able to figure out how to get a print version of my books before I die?
- Why do I laugh whenever I hear someone say, President Trump?
The good news I suppose is that I still have thoughts of any kind. Here’s hoping 2018 will inspire better thoughts.