Hello, my name is Anita Rodgers and I believe that everyone has a story to tell. Whether that story is meant for the world at large or a small special audience doesn’t matter. Somewhere there is someone who needs that story. There is someone for whom the story will ring true. So I try to encourage anyone to release their story.
But not every story is told with words. Some are made of images, photographs, or paintings. Some are made of music. Some are made of simple acts of kindness quietly dispensed with little notice. But each one matters. Each belongs somewhere in the world. And I encourage you to set your story free in the world and let it find those who need it.
My blog has a long history and has had many iterations but in the end, I am only trying to help people. Whether to entertain with a story, to offer a laugh, to pass on some knowledge I have acquired, or to give them something to think about – it always boils down to trying to help.
My stories take the form of mysteries and thrillers because well who doesn’t like a mystery? But at their core, my stories are about people and my attempt at exploring and understanding the human condition. Those things that make us come to life. Those things that make us care about each other.
I thank you sincerely for reading and visiting and hope you find something here that brightens your day.
10 (Possibly) Fun facts about me:
- I was born on St. Patrick’s Day
- The Scotti Fitzgerald Mystery Series was inspired by my many years of ‘slinging burgers’ in diners, restaurants, and dinner houses. I never worked for a guy named Manny but I did work in a similar diner.
- I grow really good tomatoes
- My signature dish is roast beef vegetable soup
- Harry Bosch is my favorite fictional character
- I write poetry (sometimes)
- I know how to two-step & line dance (sort of)
- I started reading when I was four
- I have an enormous collection of Christmas movies (some even on VHS)
- You cannot trust me alone with a plate of cookies
And I live in a small California town with Lily the dog and Bitzy & Boodie the catz – and a few million nuts and twigs.
Make yourself at home, look around, read, comment, or just say hi. If you’d like to get in touch, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like this blog and I haven’t scared you off yet, feel free to follow me on Twitter and Facebook or sign up for my newsletter to get updates on new releases, upcoming books, special content, and free stories.