Taking a break from the Christmas posts to post this amazing video
Anyone interested in further data should read this short article. I have to say I love this and am seriously wondering why the U.S. government isn’t throwing bagillions of dollars at developing this – since they love to talk about how we need to stop being addicted to foreign oil. Oh right, that’s just politics. See, the private sector really is where the solutions are.
If you’re feeling even the slightest bit down, watch this vid – it will brighten your day. I promise!
This was sent to me from my friend Jenny and here’s the scoop:
This video was made in the Antwerp, Belgium Central (Train) Station on the 23rd of March 2009.
. . . with no warning to the passengers passing through the station,
at 08:00 am a recording of Julie Andrews singing ‘Do, Re, Mi’ begins to play on the public address system.”
As the bemused passengers watch in amazement, some 200 dancers begin to appear from the crowd and station entrances.
They created this amazing stunt with just two rehearsals!
I got this information in my email box yesterday. I must say I found it alarming, although more and more the policies of the new administration are alarming to me. Here’s the scoop:
1. Gas prices jumped 20% last month
2. Apparently there is a bill being pushed that will jump them even higher.
3. It is called cap and trade – apparently a new energy tax hiding in ‘green’ clothing. The premise being that if energy is regulated more and costs more, we’ll use less of it and somehow that makes things better. All that will happen if they do get their wish of less use is that prices will go even higher, because how else will they make up less revenue than they want? Hello $5 a gallon gas, coming to a summer near you.
Don’t believe me? How would the following affect you, personally?This new energy tax would:
1. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
2. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
3. Raise the cost of living of a typical household by $1,600 a year
4. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
5. Destroy 1-3 million jobs per year, every year until 2035
This new energy tax is neither an energy nor an environmental solution. It’s a tax. And nobody thinks they’re under-taxed.
Roll Call is reporting that Nancy Pelosi wants this passed by the Fourth of July recess. Wow, she just can’t move fast enough to destroy the economy, eh?
Click on this link to sign the Stop the Energy Tax petition, and spread the word. If we let this genie out of the bottle my friends, I don’t think we’ll ever get him back in.
Oh yeah, check out the vid – in the words of the great one, no less…