“If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy.” –Thomas Jefferson
It seems that our new president’s efforts to socialize the country and make us the loyal followers of same may have begun to turn the tide. While on the campaign trail, he promised transparency, no increase in taxes, free healthcare, a cleaner environment and apparently a chicken in every pot.
Well, it looks like not only is the public not buying it and perhaps having a bit of buyer’s remorse – even the rank and file are starting to bristle. Five months into his term and two dozen bills signed and hope and change ain’t sounding quite so appetising anymore.
Although, what did we expect from a man who was completely unqualified to do the job? Miracles? I have a feeling the Potomac isn’t going to be parting any time soon.
“We have the greatest opportunity the world has ever seen, as long as we remain honest — which will be as long as we can keep the attention of our people alive. If they once become inattentive to public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, judges and governors would all become wolves.” — Thomas Jefferson
Perhaps ol’ Thom Jefferson was onto something? Could be.
I got this information in my email box yesterday. I must say I found it alarming, although more and more the policies of the new administration are alarming to me. Here’s the scoop:
1. Gas prices jumped 20% last month
2. Apparently there is a bill being pushed that will jump them even higher.
3. It is called cap and trade – apparently a new energy tax hiding in ‘green’ clothing. The premise being that if energy is regulated more and costs more, we’ll use less of it and somehow that makes things better. All that will happen if they do get their wish of less use is that prices will go even higher, because how else will they make up less revenue than they want? Hello $5 a gallon gas, coming to a summer near you.
Don’t believe me? How would the following affect you, personally?This new energy tax would:
1. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
2. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
3. Raise the cost of living of a typical household by $1,600 a year
4. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
5. Destroy 1-3 million jobs per year, every year until 2035
This new energy tax is neither an energy nor an environmental solution. It’s a tax. And nobody thinks they’re under-taxed.
Roll Call is reporting that Nancy Pelosi wants this passed by the Fourth of July recess. Wow, she just can’t move fast enough to destroy the economy, eh?
Click on this link to sign the Stop the Energy Tax petition, and spread the word. If we let this genie out of the bottle my friends, I don’t think we’ll ever get him back in.
Oh yeah, check out the vid – in the words of the great one, no less…