Well, it’s Sunday and I’m feeling pretty lazy so a few things for your amusement.
A funny cartoon, no really it’s just supposed to be funny, you know, haha, heehee?
Also, out of the blue the PakSpectre asked me to do an interview, which you can find here. I’m not really sure why they asked me and if any of their readers even know what a Writer Chick is but it was nice and so I did it.
The Universe is a beautiful place:
Here are some nifty tips a friend sent me:
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals almost everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
And YES my friends, I did indeed grow those 1 lb tomatoes that are dwarfing a can of cat food. Purty, ain’t they?
Have a great Sunday!
10 thoughts on “tHis 'n' ThAt – weekEnd poSt”
Thanks for this one… I think I needed it…
How are you? Married yet? I’m glad this little post gave you a smile. Good to see you.
Nice tomatoes. They look like something you could grab from a bowl, and take a bite out of. The apple of tomatoes.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
…I like this one.
So true, and a good adage to live by.
Hello Jess, me matie! Actually, they are more like the pumpkins of tomatoes. LOL. I kid you not, these are two fisted tomatoes – I’ve never seen anything like them. I wish I could send you a couple – you’d be amazed. Wanna fly out for a tomater samich?
Yes, I really liked that little list of tips too.
wow! those red beauties are sweet and looking
real juicy – excellent!
the tips are so good, i’ll have to implement
a couple a week – taking baby steps.
Oh, my tomatoes,my lovelies – they are amazing. You can’t really tell this from the photograph but they are actually a very deep pink and the inside is this gorgeous rich red juicy pulp that is smoky and sweet. Un-be-lievable. Yummy.
Yes, the tips are good – and baby steps always works better for me too. 🙂
however they’re things we all know but never bother to stick to 😉
I suppose that is true enough – but I think human beings are rasty little things – they keep trying and in this I think we find our hearts, don’t you? How are you?
Great advice. I always try to keep a smile on my face. It keeps people wondering what the hell I am thinking.
I’m sure they wonder regardless of whether or not you have a smile, Evyl. Love you darlin’!
Oooo!! Lovely tips I love them all but what stood out for me was. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil your present and it’s not your buisness what other people think about you,God heals almost everything – I love them all.
Annie your tomatoes are great. Yes ! They look real fleshy, Ha ! I thought yummy tomatoes and olives. I thought the cat food was olives at first. How many do you get on a tree? They look gorgeous. I like beef tomatoes with pickled galic cloves and balsamic vinegar. Yummy yummy – to die for.
Thanks Annie for this list of feel good tips and for showing us your plumpy tomatoes.
Smiles, Lists, Tips & Love
Yes, them are some loverlie tomatoes. If you ever get out this way, we’ll do them up nice and have them on the patio, with the hummingbirds buzzing about our heads. Sound good?
Wow – I loved the tips your friend sent, particularly 18, 19, and 21 but I must stress that it helps to know the difference between friends and acquaintances. Also, those are some of the best looking large tomatoes I’ve ever seen. Usually when they get that big they start splitting and stuff – you obviously are way better in the garden than I am, Missy. I’m jealous. But I am having lots of luck with my cherry tomatoes again this year so I guess they would kind of be like “baby steps” for me. 😉
I agree, you do have to know the difference between those – otherwise it could get a little weird. Why thank you and my tomatoes thank you too. There is a little splitting but not much, they are really awesome tomatoes and it’s my first year growing them, but I’m definitely growing them again next year, no question. Don’t be jealous I come from a long line of farmers, it’s in the blood I think and honestly I have been a bad gardener this year, my garden looks like a jungle but it seems to be happy. Go figure. Baby steps is where it’s at – I’m sure your cherry tomatoes are awesome.
Ha! Trying to slip in the ‘PakSpectre’ interview with that post eh?? What a great interview. I love the ‘family around the kitchen table’ analogy … hehe that is great. Good memories at the cottage ’round the kitchen table when my American cousins came … it was packed, and we talked about everything and anything … and gosh did we laugh. Hmm, I am sounding old now. 🙂
And the last part of that interview says you are writing a book on poetry? Gosh WC, I am happy to hear that!
You grow big ‘un tomatoes on the West coast! That’s some green thumb you got there, or you are close to a nuclear reactor.
Yeah, I guess I was trying to slip it in – I hate doing those posts that are ‘look at me!’ I’m not very good at them – glad you liked the interview but I still don’t know why they wanted me and I probably will never know. Yes, Gerry I am simply writing up a storm these days – it’s kinda cool but exhausting and I keep hoping it doesn’t come to an end (as writing jags sometimes do for me) but I’d love it if things would even out and I could actually turn my head off long enough to sleep. You know?
Yes, those are big’uns – and I could actually be close to a nuclear reactor except I live in California and any kind of clean energy is against the law, as well smoking, swearing, having an opinion or owning a gun. Gotta love this place, you know?
Thank you! I love this list. My cherry tomatoes are just starting to red up. (is that what you call it? to redden, to go from green to ripe… whatever.)
That’s so cute ‘red up’ because when I was kid my Gramma used to say, ‘we have to red up this room’ which was supposed to mean clean it. I always wondered if it was some Irish phrase or something, no one I’ve ever met has ever heard of it – still I’d love to the origin of that particular piece of slang.
As to your tomatoes – I dont’ know if there is a proper term – ripen? going red? almost ready to pick? LOL, I’m no better at coming with the right phrase either. But good on you and your tomatoes. They are yummy straight from the garden, aren’t they?
Nice tomatoes WC but still not worth a Lobster!! :p
I guess it depends on your point of view. My tomatoes at market would go for $7.99 a pound. So it should score me at least a lobster tail I’m thinking. LOL.