Happy Monday and here’s another in our series…
Happy Monday and here’s another in our series…
Okay, moving right along is the 3rd in our series….. Too much? Not enough?
Next pic in this little series…thoughts?
Sometimes it’s best to just play stupid, right? Works for me. Have a paws that refreshes weekend. 😉
Have a great weekend. ❤
I can’t help it, I’m so in love with new puppy Lily, I just had to post some pics. ❤
Unfortunately, I had to take them with my Kindle so the pics aren’t super sharp, but Lily was definitely enjoying her first chew bone. ❤
Happy St. Paddy’s Day everybody. I love this day because I love green, I love fun, I really love beer and it’s also my birthday. But in case you aren’t Irish, then I have a quick crash-course, that Faith and Begorrah, will convince everybody you are.
Spelled: Póg mo thóin!
Pronounced: pogue muh ho-in
Spelled: Éirinn go Brách
Pronounced: Air-in guh braack
Spelled: Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat
Pronounced: guh nee-ha on cat hoo iss go nee-ha on jeowel on cat
Spelled: Lá ‘le Pádraig
Pronounced: laa-AY-la pawd-rik/
Spelled: Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
Pronounced: pyunta Guinness leh duh hull/
Spelled: Tabhair póg dom, táim Éireannach
Pronounced: TOO-irr pogue dum, toyme AY-ron-ock
Spelled: An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós?
Pronounced: on will too air mesh-ka fowss?/
Spelled: Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!
Pronounced: ban-ock-tee na fay-lah paw-rig ur-iv/
The wearing of the green. On St. Paddy’s Day you better wear something green if you want to avoid being pinched. In Ireland people wear a small bunch of Shamrocks on their right breast to signify their Irishness. The Shamrocks are blessed at Church ceremonies and known as Blessing of the Shamrock. If you don’t have access to blessed shamrocks, a green hat will do.
Green Beer and Shamrock Shakes. If you were to spend St. Paddy’s Day in Ireland you’d be hardput to find a mug of green beer or a Shamrock Shake. This is a rookie mistake and started as a tradition in America. However, if you can eat 10 pickled eggs, you could be mistaken for a real Irisher.
Parades and Festivals. The very first St Patrick’s Day parade occurred in New York City in 1766. And though there were many parades to follow all over the world, it wasn’t until 1995 that the Irish government decided to start holding a parade in Dublin—it’s known as St Patrick’s festival and takes place over 5 days with events including art shows, plays, concerts, fun fairs and the main parade.
No St. Patrick’s Day would be complete without partaking in some scrumptious corned beef and cabbage. And though traditionally, Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage is a boiled dish, I prefer mine slow roasted.
Try this simple recipe and tell me I’m wrong. And don’t forget to save me some.
1 (5 1/2 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
2 whole head of green cabbage, each quartered
7 large red potatoes, peeled and diced
8 carrots, peeled and diced
2 medium onion, quartered
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Place the brisket in the center of a roasting pan. Arrange the cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onions around the sides. Empty the seasoning packet over the roast, and pour enough water into the pan to about ½ inch high. Cover with a lid or heavy aluminum foil. Roast for 5 to 6 hours in the preheated oven, until the roast is fork tender.
Have a great day and may the green be with you.
When I was a kid I was horrified at the idea of being weird. The weird kid was the one who was bullied and lost their lunch money all the time. Nope, I wanted to fit in. Not so easy, since I am weird. These days, I’m letting my weirdness hang out. It takes off the pressure and helluva lot more fun.
2. In my alternate reality I am a homicide detective and I solve crimes constantly.
3. I wrote my first novel, The Addict, when I was 10. It was 30 pages long and it sucked. But my dad read every word. Bless his heart.
4. I talk to myself. In public. In private. I always have, since I was a kid. Nobody knows why.
5. I love to garden and though I’m not very good at it, my biggest tomato weighed almost 3 pounds. Oh and I talk to my plants – is that weird?
6. My favorite family pet was Rusty, a gorgeous collie who showed up on our porch one summer night and scratched on the screen door. He looked exactly like Lassie and I believed he was my soul mate.
7. My guilty pleasure is binge watching mystery shows (usually British) online. If I watch too many I start talking in a British accent.
8. Motown music will always inspire me to get my freak on.
9. I had two nicknames when I was a kid; Neener and Rodg. I preferred Rodg
10. I’ve had many jobs in my life but the weirdest one was bus buffing. Hard on the back but definitely builds the pecs.
11. My first car was a VW Bug and it had temperamental brakes – meaning, I never knew when or if they would work. Usually, the back wall of the garage stopped the car before the brakes. My nickname for it was “Death Trap.” I nearly gave my dad a stroke when I took him for a spin and ended up in somebody’s front yard. After that, I refused to drive a stick shift ever again.
12. When I was a kid I wanted to be a fireman or a ballerina but was forced to become a writer because I couldn’t stop making stuff up
13. I love dollar stores. It’s an addiction. I will buy anything if it costs a dollar. I’m their ideal customer.
14. If you want to make me cry show me a Hallmark commercial.
15. I really do work in my pajamas. In fact, I pretty much do everything in my pajamas. But you know, I live in California, so it’s allowed.
How about it, are you a weirdie too? Have you given in to your inner weirdness and let it shine in the light of day? Tell me all about your weirdiness in the comments, so we can revel in it together.
Over the last several episodes Red has been on the hunt to discover who betrayed him and was single-handedly trying to take down his business. He’s gone through a long list of possible contenders, only to find he was at yet another dead end.
If you watched Thursday night’s episode of the Blacklist, you probably experienced some serious shock when they exposed Dembe as the likely attempted killer. Even I gasped at the thought. Of all the possible suspects there could be I’d never has guessed him.
So I started thinking, why would Dembe would do such a thing? After all, he has been the recipient of Red’s largesse since he was a young boy. If not for Red, then Dembe surely would’ve died years ago. He literally owes the man his life.
Where has Mr. Kaplan been since we last saw her hitch hiking out those fateful woods where she was shot and nearly died?
Yes, yes, I do think that all this business with Red’s business deals collapsing, his money being stolen and now the attempt on his life originates with Mr. Kaplan. The once faithful employee that Red believes he killed is coming back to haunt him.
Killing Mr. Kaplan was the one thing that Red did, that Dembe could not abide. So it makes sense, doesn’t it?
In future episodes we will discover that
What about you? Do you have a theory about who’s really behind the attempted coup and murder of Red? Or why Dembe would betray him? Feel free to spell it out in the comments.
Every year, I take a shot at predicting what the new year will bring. I’m usually wrong, though that doesn’t stop me. Here are my best guesses of what will happen in the coming year.
1. Amazon will fold CreateSpace and Audible into its KDP platform by the end of the year. Since they own both outlets it makes sense for them and will probably make it easier for authors to track sales of various publishing platforms. However, I fear the scammers that tend to descend on Amazon will cook up some new scam to hurt indie authors if this comes to pass. Look for something weird on this front.
2. Democrats will make impeaching Trump a priority with the new incoming Congress and possibly make it their first order of business. They may even try to overturn the results from the electoral college. I predict they will be unsuccessful if they try this and will probably make things worse.
3. Serious steps will be taken to distance the U.S. from the UN. Perhaps we will cut ties altogether. But whatever happens, count on protest both for and against on the city streets, with some kind of bizarre tragedy that results.
4. Anti-Trump protests will continue and major colleges will officially create Trump-free zones. These zones will come with their own specified rules of behavior, safe words, calming sports drinks and new age therapy.
5. Mickey Dees will be the first major retailer to employ robots to man their order windows. Once their first cost effective report hits the news other fast food establishments will follow suit. Think it can’t happen, read this.
6. Fox News will change its name to Faux News (Fake News)
7. Hillary Clinton will become the major spokesperson for a new email security software retailer.
8. With its recent success of rebooting old series, Netflix will pull out all the stops and do reboots of: The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, All in the Family, Maude, My Favorite Martian, Starsky & Hutch, and the Courtship of Eddie’s Father.
9. The new iPhone8 will be unveiled in early spring and be the size of a 4-slice toaster but not to worry, it will come with a complimentary backpack to carry it in.
10. Amazon will launch a new beta program for indie authors to make movies of their books.
11. A new haircut called “The Trump” will become popular with middle aged, hair challenged men and women.
12. California will distinguish itself as the first state to drive smokers into total apathy and become a ‘smoke free’ state. Authorities will be very proud of themselves until they realize they have billions of dollars in lost tax revenue to make up. Look to the dubie tax to come next.
13. In a weird pop culture salute to Trump’s election, red ball caps will dominate the fashion world and be seen in all the spring collections on the runways in 2017.
Not a pretty list, I’ll admit, but there you have it. What about you? What do you think will happen in the coming year? Will it be good or bad? Fun or a disaster? Could it possibly be worse than 2016? Feel free to let loose with your own predictions in the comments.
Happy New Year. 😀
Writer & Queen of Daydreams
Life Coaching, Observations, Reflections, Things that make you go hmmmmm
Watch the ongoing adventures of everyone's favorite struggling author!
Wonderful words and Book Reviews
Inside the mind of a crime writer
Exploring new worlds one book at the time
Ebooks = Real Books
Time to get serious about the business of writing
Tired of People Telling you the RULES Instead of Giving you the Tools you Need to Just WRITE?
Science Fiction Writing
Author of Middle Grade Fiction
We live to write and write to live ... professional writers talk about the craft and business of writing
musings on motherhood, a new novel shared, a crazy cat, and some chocolate.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose / The more things change, the more they stay the same